Want to sell your products online? But, not sure which e-commerce platform should you start with— Magento Vs Shopify Vs WooCommerce? Although there are many platforms, choosing the best one that can match your online store requirements is a difficult as well as time-consuming task.
There are many factors that you should consider before taking a final selection. For example, which platform will fit your needs, which is most flexible, which is easiest to manage, and many more.
In this article, we will break down functionalities of three major e-commerce platforms— Magento, Shopify, and WooCommerce. Let’s check it out!
Magento Vs Shopify Vs WooCommerce: E-commerce Platform Comparision
Magento is one of the most popular e-commerce platforms to create an online store quickly with advanced security functionalities. Basically, it offers two editions that you can choose as per your business requirements
- Magento open-source: A free and open-source software
- Magento Commerce: A paid Magento enterprise edition
Millions of web developers, retailers, and brands trust this e-commerce platform when it comes to fast performance, improved security, and stability. Let’s take a look at its amazing functionalities offered by Magento Commerce and Magento Open Source:
Features Of Magento Commerce
- It comes with a powerful drag-and-drop editing page builder that allows merchants to offer a best-in-class shopping experience to their customers.
- Display content, promotions, and pricing dynamically to your customers. You can segment your customers based on various properties like their gender, location, order history, wish list items, products viewed, and more.
- Content staging and preview helps in increasing sales and productivity. You can easily create, preview, and schedule a wide range of content updates.
- New Instant Purchase checkout option allows customers to use previously-stored details of their payment credentials and shipping information.
- You can set automated rules to sell your products. Determine which products you would like to up-sells, cross-sells, and related products to each customer segment.
- Visual Merchandising allows you to optimize product category pages. Arrange products with a simple drag-and-drop interface or sorting rules.
- Elasticsearch technology makes it easy to manage large catalogs and scale search capacity.
- A powerful admin experience allows working efficiently. You can monitor your sales, order, search term, and best-selling product data from your dashboard quickly.
And, a lot more!
Features Of Magento Open-Source
- Integrated checkout, payment, and shipping
- Mobile Optimized shopping
- Global selling and catalog management
- Extended functionality via App marketplace
- Instant purchase
- Site search
WooCommerce is the WordPress e-commerce plugin that offers many useful customizable options to create online store websites. You can download it from free and further extend its functionality using its premium add-ons.
No matter if you’re a web developer or a non-coder, this plugin has been crafted keeping in mind for all types of requirements.
As a store owner and non-coder, you can sell your product online easily. It gives you full control to manage your products in your online store. Whether you want to sell physical products or digital products, WooCommerce allows you to do it perfectly.
As a developer, you can extend its functionality by creating various add-ons or extensions as per your clients’ requirements.
Features of WooCommerce
- Compatible with countless themes
- It offers unrestricted customization options to create your dream online store.
- Built-in blogging feature allows publishing great content to build your brand.
- Embed products, checkout and more on any page
- It makes it easier to find the right products quickly using categories, tags, and attributes.
- Product ratings and reviews option allows displaying customer feedback on the product page. You can also include a ‘Verified Owner’ label.
- Set the currency, language and measurement units as per your business need.
- Product sorting and filtering option make it easy for customers to find products as per their needs.
- Unlimited images and galleries to display your products.
- Add as many products as you want
- Sell any type of products, display affiliate products, use unlimited variations, built-in payment processing, shipping options, tax option, geo-location support
- Manage orders and customers with ease
- You can use coupons, display related products, highlight important products, use reporting.
And, here comes another e-commerce website builder, i.e., Shopify. It powers almost 1,000,000 businesses worldwide with its all-in-one e-commerce solutions. Although this is a premium solution, it comes with a free trial that you can take a look at to explore all the tools and services it offers.
Shopify gives you many options to get started with your dream e-commerce website. You can either create a website for your business, sell at retail locations, pop-ups, and beyond, transform an existing website or blog into an online store, and a lot more.
Let’s take a look at its amazing features:
- You can either use your own domain name or select a domain name offered by Shopify
- 70+ professional themes
- Powerful customization tools
- Mobile commerce ready
- Full access to the HTML and CSS of your e-commerce store
- Web-based website builder
- Full blogging platform
- Free SSL certificate
- Automatic carrier shipping rates
- 100 payment gateways
- Abandoned checkout recovery
- Free shipping and flexible shipping rates
- Automatic taxes and multiple languages support
- Useful store management and product management functionalities
- Marketing and SEO tools
- Measure your store success with important metrics
Besides, all of the above features, it also offers a mobile app that allows fulfilling orders and managing your products and customers right from your phone.
What’s Your Choice?
Although all of these e-commerce website builders offer amazing functionalities, they have limitations too. So, make sure you’ll analyze all of them from all aspects and then make a final decision based on your business requirements.
Further, if you need any help with creating an online store to sell products online, you can consult our e-commerce specialists anytime.
So, what’s your choice among Magento Vs Shopify Vs WooCommerce? Let us know in the comment section below.